Dynamically Scaled Canvas Breaks GUI : What to do?

Global Liquidity

I'm using InDesign to create a page layout for a presentation and then exporting to HTML and embedding a canvas for Babylon in an iFrame. This is awesome, because I get a live 3D window in my otherwise static presentation.

The problem is, the html exporter sets things up so the pages auto-scale to "Best Fit" the current device aspect ratio. This is just what I want, but this scaling breaks the BabylonJS GUI because mouse/touch events no longer line up properly with the buttons. For some reason, this problem only happens on my desktop screens (one landscape 2k and one portrait 1200x1920), but touch works with no problem on my Note 8 and recent iPad.

I found this answer on Stack Overflow which involves intercepting and transforming mouse/touch events, but I'm not sure how to apply this concept to the prebuilt GUI framework.

Is there a generalized solution to getting Babylon GUI touch to work when the canvas is scaled dynamically?