How can I avoid automatic glsl conversion with webgl 2.0?

BMWPilote

I ask this weird question because on IPad, if we check the experimental  webgl 2.0 option, we will get errors like "#version es 300,  unsupported shader version". It really sucks but if we can just use the legacy glsl version, maybe it can just work. 

The problem is that if Babylon detects that the browser supports WebGL2.0, then it automatically convert the glsl syntaxes (except if we set the options disableWebGL2Support when creating Engine), .

How can I force using Legacy Shader Syntaxes even with WebGL 2.0 on?

We can not currently use the webgl 1 syntax in a webgl 2 engine.

This is mostly due to unavailable syntax required for webgl 2 features like shadowsampler 3dtexture and so on.

The webgl spec also enforces the suppoet of es300 in webgl2 so i would advise to force the version to webgl1 on those platform through the engineOption disableWebgl2Support.

16 hours ago, Sebavan said:

We can not currently use the webgl 1 syntax in a webgl 2 engine.

This is mostly due to unavailable syntax required for webgl 2 features like shadowsampler 3dtexture and so on.

The webgl spec also enforces the suppoet of es300 in webgl2 so i would advise to force the version to webgl1 on those platform through the engineOption disableWebgl2Support.

OK this seems to be the best option. Merci, Sebastian.