Bug in Physics? (video inside)

Geaz

Hi all,

I have a problem with the physics component of phaser. I let drop blocks from abobe onto each other. After landing they seem to "sink".

See video:

Anybody knows this problem?

I am using v1.1.5 and here is the relevant code:

create(){	this.game.physics.setBoundsToWorld(false, false, false, true);}//All blocks get created with (and get added to a group):block.body.collideWorldBounds = true;block.body.immovable = true;block.body.gravity.y = 1250;//Collision test:this.game.physics.collide(this.columns[i], this.columns[i]);

Thanks in advance,

Geaz

Hi Geaz,

Nice demo video, but if you post the code instead (or link to a demo site) it's way easier to help you out.

For example without code, nobody knows which version of phaser you are using and that's important, because 1.1.3. had arcade physics, 1.1.5 has (somewhat buggy) SAT physics and 1.2 beta has really awesome P2 physics.

Also settings like gravity values etc. might factor into when it bugs and when it does not.

I can't really contribute to the answer of your question, but maybe Rich or others can (but they'll need to know at least the version).

Hey Geaz,

Maybe you could (I don't know how far your game is developed yet and what features it needs) already switch to phaser 1.2.

Rich has posted great examples: http://labs.phaser.io/view.php?f=009+boxes+everywhere.js

Those boxes behave fine.

Maybe as a test you could arange them like yours and check if phaser 1.2 does better.

It's just an idea, but I think Phaser 1.2 (or 2.x I don't know what it will be called) is the future :)