Educational/Instructional Games Developers

James Cat

Hi People,

This is not a Phaser or html5 specific question.

I am developing a educational game that is mainly a quiz with branching drill and practice type questions, but I am having a hard time finding other developers who have made such things (they do exist) or open source engines that I can use/adapt...

Is there are forum like this one for educational games developers? as well as techy support it would be good for networking to meet others in the industry/domain.

we can always set up a forum if there's a few of us

James

• 2 weeks later...

We don't differentiate by game type, although there is a Coding and Game Design sub-forum that also has subs for 2d, 3d and audio specific questions.

Most games have very similar questions, so the Coding & Game Design forum would be a good place for any design/implementation questions when you aren't using one of the specific framework forums (like Phaser, Babylon etc).

I've made quiz-style things a couple of times, I'm sure a few others here will have also, its very similar to conversation-trees in, for example, an RPG game.

• 9 months later...

I always watch with trepidation how technologies help us in different areas of life, including in the process of education. YouTube has an interview with a Russian actor (I don’t remember his name), which makes a very big emphasis on the game in teaching a child. The game concept is very important for the development of the child, especially the elementary grades of the school. For the development of imagination and desire to study it is very healthy. easyessay recently wrote about this, during the preparation of which I read several books and articles on the topic.

Edited by Xima