decrease collision box size

moe091

Is there any way to decrease the size of the bounding box used for collisions in phaser? Right now I am just implementing my own collision inside phasers callback, essentially using phasers collision as a (slightly)-broad phase collision detection but it'd be cleaner and more efficient if I could just scale the collision box somehow without scaling the actual sprite.

Honestly I'm not sure which version of phaser I'm currently using, I downloaded it about a month and a half ago and didn't even pay much attention to it because I didn't expect to make any serious games yet. my current project was just too much fun and I blew it up into a big game(by html5 mobile game standards).

Anyway, thanks for any help. And thanks to Rich and everyone who worked on Phaser, it's awesome to work with!

• 1 year later...

there are so many guys replying to those questions with "sprite.body.setSize(width, height, x, y);" but its so bugged. if you set a different anchor for your sprite, the thing flies all over the screen into some corner and i cant seem to find a way around it :(

Edit:

i found the solution. you have to reset the players position after changing the size: player.body.reset(player.x, player.y);