Grid effect after zoom pixi-tilemap / pixi-viewport

Jammy

Hiya guys,

I know this issue crops up a lot but I've just added both pixi-tilemap and pixi-viewport to my game and I've been struggling quite a bit, getting help with this one issue might relieve the stress a bit.

So I have a tileset that when zoomed causes the grid effect normally caused by floating point textures. Since i'm using pixi-tilemap and pixi-viewport... my question is which one should I be looking at to resolve the issue?

I can't seem to find a way to quickly tell either to not use floating points on anything, and the standard PIXI resolution/pixel rounding/scale_mode is set at the top of the code.

Maybe the answer is to code my own zooming code and pass that to pixi-viewport as pixel values using viewport.zoom() but if I can avoid that then bonus.

8NN4Dto.png

Any helps/tips much appreciated :) Also thanks for the libraries, great performance/usability gains since adding them.

I'm afraid whether you use PIXI.SCALE_MODES.NEAREST or default LINEAR , you wont like the result. Try specify "PIXI.settings.SCALE_MODE = PIXI.SCALE_MODES.NEAREST" before you init all the textures and see for yourself.

I think pixi-tilemap has its own SCALE_MODE switch somewhere.

Its general opengl problem, if you are not familiar with scale modes or what mipmap is, you'll have to read it somewhere first. Pixi provides a number of modes for that.