Pixi filters v5 help

lasertown

I just started working with pixi filters (using pixi 5.x) and I'm confused about the coordinate systems available to me inside the fragment shader. I've tried reading the documentation and I'm still confused. Specifically, I have a texture thats 64x64 pixels, and I want to color fragments a certain way if they're past a certain percentage. So like, I'd like to color the fragments in the last fourth of the texture red. I assumed I could do something like if(vTextureCoord.x > .75) to identify these fragments, but this percentage doesn't seem to map to the fragments I think it should. I inspected the uSample uniform passed to the fragment shader, and I see a texture buffer that's double the size of my texture (128x128). I'm thinking this might have something to do with it but it's unclear as of right now. I'm still digging, but maybe someone can point me in the right direction here?

Thanks,

Mike

and I see a texture buffer that's double the size of my texture (128x128)

Its temporary pow2 texture. Filters are supposed to be heavy solution that works on whole containers , not depending on whatever is inside. Blur, Glow, Outline, anything is possible. Are you sure you need them and not  https://pixijs.io/examples/#/mesh-and-shaders/triangle-textured.js ?