Alternatives to AnimateCC + pixi-animate workflow?

SantosR

Hello,

I'm trying to find out what would be the best worflow to get artists animations on a page with very basic interaction (gotoAndStop/gotoAndPlay are likely to be more enough). I used AnimateCC + CreateJS years ago for this purpose, and it seems to me pixi-animate has seen a bit more updates since then, but I still couldn't find any samples of it being used.

Are there any other artist oriented workflows I'm not aware of? I was a flash developer before and I know that pretty much any animator dominates Flash/Animate, but I was wondering if I missed something recently, or if there are better plugins to playback AnimateCC content with Pixi or other engine.

Also, if you have any references of work done with pixi-animate please share!

Pixi-animate is a project with two parts: pixi-animate and pixi-animate-extension. The extension is a free download here: https://exchange.adobe.com/creativecloud.details.14345.pixianimate.html. It’s a pretty user-friendly tool for publishing and previewing directly from Animate. The library pixi-animate (not the extension) is the runtime that’s works with PixiJS. Hope that helps.

1 hour ago, bigtimebuddy said:

Pixi-animate is a project with two parts: pixi-animate and pixi-animate-extension. The extension is a free download here: https://exchange.adobe.com/creativecloud.details.14345.pixianimate.html. It’s a pretty user-friendly tool for publishing and previewing directly from Animate. The library pixi-animate (not the extension) is the runtime that’s works with PixiJS. Hope that helps.

Thanks!

• 9 months later...
On 9/19/2020 at 4:01 AM, SantosR said:

(…) Also, if you have any references of work done with pixi-animate please share!

Animations and interactivity: AnimateCC with pixiAnimate plugin.

It was a completely classic Flash style workflow.

Final result: www.nordikum.hu

(Visible on desktops only.)

Edited by nordikum.hu

On 7/15/2021 at 4:06 AM, nordikum.hu said:

Animations and interactivity: AnimateCC with pixiAnimate plugin.

It was a completely classic Flash style workflow.

Final result: www.nordikum.hu

(Visible on desktops only.)

Wow amazing work, I've been working on a prototype recently that will utilize pixi plugin, but when I publish it I get this error below?. And even though I've installed electron globally I'm still seeing this message, I'm using the latest version of Adobe Animate Version 21.0.7, not sure if this has something to do with it?.

Error Exmaple:

ERROR: Electron is required to be installed at /usr/local/bin/electron Install by running the following from a commandline:     npm install electron -g

8 hours ago, schemagroup said:

Wow amazing work, I've been working on a prototype recently that will utilize pixi plugin, but when I publish it I get this error below?. And even though I've installed electron globally I'm still seeing this message, I'm using the latest version of Adobe Animate Version 21.0.7, not sure if this has something to do with it?.

Error Exmaple:

ERROR: Electron is required to be installed at /usr/local/bin/electron Install by running the following from a commandline:     npm install electron -g

Electron may not be installed correctly.  The first step is to install nodejs on your system, then run the correct global installation for Electron in the terminal:  sudo npm install -g electron --unsafe-perm=true --allow-root

(This will work on a Macintosh)

-

Edited by nordikum.hu

Open a new pixiAnimate document in AnimateCC, then publish the empty frame. (without graphics and scripts)

If you still see an error message, the Electron is the problem.

If you do not receive an error message, Electron is correct. And previous error messages are caused by frame script on the timeline. Do not use more than one frame script on the same layer. And don't use a keyframe after the frame script.
This is a bug in pixiAnimate plugin that should be avoided.

Edited by nordikum.hu

Create and publish a new blank pixiAnimate document? (File > New > Advanced tab > pixiAnimate document)

If the electron is OK, it should work.

If the electron is still not available, you will of course get an error.

-

Edited by nordikum.hu

• 2 weeks later...