[pixi.js] Recently published a game made with pixi.js

ap_dev

After a lot of time spent creating abilities and animations, I've finished a space multiplayer game with pixi.js (available at https://starmos.io/). My original idea was to make a vector based space game using SVG, but that quickly bogged the rendering. Switching to pixi was a lifesaver, and I was able to keep adding more animations without drops in framerate. 

The idea of the game is to fight with other players (or bots) to gain levels and increase your score, which unlocks increasingly powerful combat abilities (abilities can also be caught temporarily by a passing comet). There are six ships to choose from, each with passive traits and values for speed, health, mana, and agility (turn speed). The world is technically infinite (looping), and contains wormholes, stars, planets, and the occasional asteroid field.

still.JPG

still1.JPG

Edited by ap_dev

• ap_dev changed the title to [pixi.js] Recently published a game made with pixi.js