1.1.6 Animations not playing from key onDown callback

srobertson421

I'm having issues with the callback passed in to the onDown. For some reason when I try to play an animation from within the callback the animation won't play at all. What's strange is the animation will play fine in my key detection in the "update" function. My code is this:

Player = function(game) {    this.game = game;    this.sprite = null;    this.cursors = null;};Player.prototype ={        preload: function() {        this.game.load.spritesheet('grandpa', 'assets/grandpa.png', 64, 117);    },    create: function() {            this.sprite = game.add.sprite(2 * 64, 8 * 64, 'grandpa');             // animations        this.sprite.animations.add('left', [7,6,5,4], 7, true);        this.sprite.animations.add('right', [0,1,2,3], 7, true);        this.sprite.animations.add('up', [8,9,10,11], 7, true);        this.sprite.animations.add('down', [0,1,2,3], 7, true);        this.sprite.animations.add('beer', [0,12,13,0], 7, true);                this.cursors = this.game.input.keyboard.createCursorKeys();                var beerButton = this.game.input.keyboard.addKey(Phaser.Keyboard.SPACEBAR);                beerButton.onDown.add(beerDrink, this);                function beerDrink() {            console.log('beer!');            this.sprite.animations.play('beer');        }    }}

I am currently developping a webapp ( http://mmmelee.herokuapp.com/ try it with 2 computers, it's online), and I have the same problem (with the callback function line 142 from socket.io). I think it could be because the function isn't in the "update" method. I would also be glad if someone has the solution...

EDIT : When i say from socket.io, I mean the function in the index socket.on.