Downscaling resolution of a Container

prokopcm

Hi, I'm having trouble figuring out how to downscale the resolution of a Container. Basically I want my Application in general to render at full resolution, but have certain "layers" made up of Containers render at half or quarter resolution for performance reasons. In particular, I'm trying to get an entire Pixi ParticleContainer with some flashy effects to render at half resolution. I've attached an image of what I'm trying to achieve.

Is what I'm thinking of possible, or will it not have the perf benefits I'm thinking of (since at the end even if the Container is half-resolution scaled up, it still gets rasterized and rendered to a full-resolution canvas)? Any ideas for how I might achieve this in Pixi?

Thanks!

container-resolution.jpg

add an AlphaFilter, set its resolution

also ParticleContainer doesnt have bounds so you have to specify them on your own with "filterArea" (in screen coords!!!), or overriding calculateBounds somehow

and of course filter adds performance problem too - its using temporary renderTexture :) also, no MSAA (antialias) for you in that case.

Edited by ivan.popelyshev