The Trail Hogs Game

FrancoisSoft

Hey all Francois Software here,

I've been working on a game for the last couple of years called The Trail Hogs. It is a game about guy who rides a Trail Hog. Basically... this:

Not trying to show off my bike but you get the picture, good for bicycle jousting.

So anyways, the game takes place in the fictional bicycle city of Hog Haven where The Pork and his Skidmarks bicycle gang are bullying the inhabitants to take over all of the bike trails. You play the hero of the game and basically kick some fender.

So you can see how the city looks and the guy in the lime bike is a good guy. He gives you advice.

The game is not linear and you have to look for the bad guy. It is not simply beat this world and go to the next. You are in a large city and have to look everywhere for secret passages to other areas which take you through mini quests to find treasures, money, and the bad guy. You upgrade your bike along the way so you can do unusual stuff like ride zip lines. (You can see it in the demo.)

Just as a side not I built the engine, editors, and even scripting language from scratch in JavaScript. It integrates very well with my website (JavaScript, of course). The website is worth visiting as it has the background story of the game.

The map screen. Points are not levels but lead to street crossings.

A box with a hint. They help guide you through the game so do those lime bike guys.

Some dude in a flying drone that looks like a bird.

I will take any criticism of the game to help make it better. It is still a work in progress but beatable. (You can beat the bad guy.) You can also configure your game pad to play the game!

Edited by FrancoisSoft