Can't load tileset--function not found

recursor94

After following the first tutorial I've been trying my hand at a simple platformer.  I used a very simple png and map editor to create the first level and I looked at a few tutorials online to figure out how to import created levels.

I came up with this:

preload: function(){        this.game.load.image('sky', 'assets/BackgroundGradient.png');        this.map = this.game.load.tilemap('map', 'assets/level1.json', null, Phaser.Tilemap.TILED_JSON);        this.game.load.image('tiles', 'assets/Dirt-Grass-1.png');        //this.game.load.tileset('tiles', 'assets/Dirt-Grass-1.png', 64, 64);  Commented out because of error.        this.map.addTileSetImage('tiles','tiles');                            }

but when I try to run it, I come across these errors in firefox and chrome respectively.

this.map.addTileSetImage is not a functionUncaught TypeError: Object [object Object] has no method 'addTileSetImage' 

I run into these errors both when I'm trying to use game.load.tileset and this.map.addTileSetImage.  I know that the objects exist because I have no problem calling other methods on them.

What am I doing wrong?  The only thing I can think of is that I'm not passing the correct paramaters.  In which case I'm not sure what I should be passing instead.

Here is the correct way to use the APIs.

map must contain the object returned by game.add.tilemap('map');

function preload(){

game.load.tilemap('map', 'assets/tilemaps/map.json', null, Phaser.Tilemap.TILED_JSON);

// to load the tileset

game.load.image('tiles', 'assets/tilemaps/super_mario.png');

}

function create(){

// Adds map to the game

map = game.add.tilemap('map');
        map.addTilesetImage('SuperMarioBros-World1-1', 'tiles');

}