Phaser 2.0 and Typescript issues

Manifest

Hi all,

I've just updated my Typescript project's version of Phaser from 1.1.2 to 2.0, and I'm having issues. On rebuilding the project, I got a few hundred errors - a handful of them were as a result of changes made to Phaser such as stage.scaleMode etc, and I have fixed those. The majority of the errors on the other hand, seem a bit less obvious.

Example:

this.m_background = new Phaser.Sprite(AppData.app, 0, 0, "timerPanel");
Error 5 Build: The property 'Sprite' does not exist on value of type 'typeof Phaser'.

I have 125 of these errors, occurring on classes: Sprite, Point, Signal, Loader, Rectangle, Text, Button...to be honest, it's probably every Phaser class that I reference via Phaser.something(). It's as though it doesn't know what Phaser is anymore.

Is this an issue with the yet-to-be-fully-updated phaser.d.ts?

Hey Rich,

I should've mentioned - I've already tried that one from the dev branch, same issue.

It seems that if I delete the Phaser class from the definitions file, and leave the module, it works but then obviously I'm missing the constants. It feels more like a typescript issue, in that it can't differentiate between a class and a module - which is weird, because the old phaser.d.ts worked exactly the same.

Hey Manifest. 

Yeah I have had this multiple times.  When I update the phaser.d.ts file in Visual Studio, it always breaks my references. 

What I generally resort to is primitive methods:

-Copy phaser.d.ts somewhere, delete it from the project, then paste back the file to your project

-Do the same, but close Visual Studio before pasting back the file. 

-Hit Rebuild / Clean / Rebuild / Run and sometimes it works. 

Also for me Visual Studio 2013 with TS1.0r destroys my entire visual studio. No auto completion nothing.  So I am stranded on 0.9.5 hopefully until the VS spring update. 

But yeah its really annoying stuff.  

Thanks for the response clark - yeah, TS-VS compatibility certainly leaves a lot to be desired. I tried your suggestions, but unfortunately they don't seem to have any impact on my VS 2012 + TS 1.0r (or 0.9.5). [interestingly, I still get auto complete with TS1.0r + VS12]

I did however do some more experimenting, and placing the phaser class after the module seems to have fixed things for me. It still finds all the constants I need e.g. Phaser.CANVAS etc, and it sees the Phaser.classes . It could be a fluke and maybe something's still cached somewhere on my machine, but it might be worth giving that a try the next time you get those errors.

Just upgraded from 1.6 to 2.0 and had similar issues with VS2013 typescript plugin not understanding the new phaser.d.ts file.  I managed to get the unknown type build errors to dissappear by editing the phaser.d.ts file:

Move the "declare class Phaser {..." declaration to after the "declare module Phaser {..." declaration.