Could sound sprites help with load time

Dream Of Sleeping

Some people are telling me game takes over a minute to load. Which is odd because for me is takes about 5 seconds. I do have a lot of sounds. A couple of big ones, one being 773 kb, and the other at 1.49 mb. I have a lot of little sounds too. I have seven notes all at about 32kb. And I have 5 other small sounds. Could it sigificantly speed up loading time, if I used one sound sprite for the small sounds? I can't test it myself as it loads really fast anyway.

My sounds folder, which contains both ogg and mp3 comes to 5.32 mb. But won't even load the oggs if it loads the mp3s, so it's almost half that. I don't see why this could possibly take someone over a minute to load. We're talking about people who don't have really slow internet.

Any advice would be appreciated. I'm proud of the game and it's music and I want to show it off. I'm totally gutted that so many people aren't even getting the chance to play cause of loading  issues.

It loaded pretty fast for me, ~ 8 seconds.

A sound spritesheet would reduce the number of requests, but I imagine it might not be trivial to implement.

I would look into minifying the scripts into one with grunt or gulp first (concat and uglify) which would reduce overall file size and number of requests.

See if you can reduce the bitrate of the sounds and bring down the file size. 

And maybe think about using texturepacker to convert all your images into one texture atlas.

Nice game btw!

It loaded pretty fast for me, ~ 8 seconds.

A sound spritesheet would reduce the number of requests, but I imagine it might not be trivial to implement.

I would look into minifying the scripts into one with grunt or gulp first (concat and uglify) which would reduce overall file size and number of requests.

See if you can reduce the bitrate of the sounds and bring down the file size. 

And maybe think about using texturepacker to convert all your images into one texture atlas.

Nice game btw!

Thanks! :)