Size of texture is 0 when using snowpack dev

Vorlington

Hello!

I'm porting code from PIXI 4 to PIXI 7 and I'm stuck with some runtime errors. After digging into, it seems to be a problem with the size of a texture. I came up with this little reproducer:

import * as PIXI from 'pixi.js';

document.addEventListener("DOMContentLoaded", function() {
    const app = new PIXI.Application({ background: '#1099bb' });
    document.body.appendChild(app.view as HTMLCanvasElement);

PIXI.Assets.load('/Images/engine/check.png').then(() => {   
        const baseTexture = PIXI.BaseTexture.from('Images/engine/check.png');
        console.log(baseTexture.width + " " + baseTexture.height + " " + baseTexture.valid);
        const texture = new PIXI.Texture(baseTexture, new PIXI.Rectangle(0, 0, baseTexture.width/2, baseTexture.height/2));
        const sprite = new PIXI.Sprite(texture);
        app.stage.addChild(sprite);
    });
});

Nothing is displayed because the size of baseTexture seems to be zero. (it displays "0, 0, false" in console). It worked with PIXI 4 a priori.
Strangely, when I display baseTexture with console.log(baseTexture), the size is not zero.
The google searches often talk about a texture that is not loaded. However it seems to me that it is with PIXI.Assets.load... Isn't this how it's supposed to work? I must be missing something but I can't see what. If someone can enlighten me that would be cool!

PS I don't know if it's related, but I'm with node.js and snowpack. With PIXI 4 it was without node.

Edited by Vorlington

Thanks ivan for the reply. But the slash does not change anything. Actually I have tested with different images and several ways to load it : with bundle, with PIXI.Assets.add and a key, with await instead of .then() etc.

I can also see that the image is loaded in the network tools (and is not if I do a typo in the name).

If I use one of the two following lines, it works well of course :

const texture = PIXI.Texture.from('Images/engine/check.png');
const texture = new PIXI.Texture(baseTexture, new PIXI.Rectangle(0, 0, 128, 128));

btw, it seems that you can set a base path for the Assets loader with

PIXI.Assets.resolver.basePath = 'Images/';

But you need the complete path in PIXI.BaseTexture.from() (?) and unfortunately, it does not change anything for my problem.

Edited by Vorlington

• Vorlington changed the title to Size of texture is 0 when using snowpack dev

Hello !

I made some progress today: If I embed the script and pixi directly into the web page, without node, it works ! So I tested with webpack instead of snowpack and... it works! And finally, I just builded with "snowpack build" and launched a web server on the result and it works. So it's only with snbowpack dev that it doesn't work. I'm not expert enough in snowpack to go any further. I will update the title to indicate that the problem is snowpack related. Strange though...

Edited by Vorlington