Issue regarding position update

Feldspar

Hi guys,

I'm having trouble positioning objects on my scene.

Here is the context :

I'm having 3 objects "table" on which the position is effectively non zero 

Capture.PNG

These 3 objects have a non-visible "floor" parent mesh, for the purpose of local positionning :

Capture.PNG

Unfortunately, all these table meshes appears at the center of the scene. The girl is in (0,0,0) for reference :

Capture.PNG

The solution I have found for the meshes to appear in the right spot, is to add this hella dirty code, just after i finish adding the objects :

setTimeout(function() {floor.markAsDirty()}, 100);

Here is the result :

Capture.PNG

If i don't use a setTimeout, and mark the floor as dirty right away, the tables are still in (0, 0, 0)

Any thoughts on what to update in the hierarchy, so I can get my objects in their right position ?

Thanks

Okay i found it, it turns out when I import the tables, I have a function that recursively computes bounding boxes of the table and its children.

This custom function uses computeWorldMatrix on the mesh, and by some way I don't really understand, it prevented the table from being updated on the scene. Any idea why Deltakosh ?

Oh, and here is the custom function. It computes an overall boundingbox of the object and its children in the object's local frame :

BABYLON.Mesh.prototype.getBoundingBox = function(force) {    if(!force && this.boundingBox) {        return this.boundingBox;    }    var minX = Infinity,        minY = Infinity,        minZ = Infinity,        maxX = -Infinity,        maxY = -Infinity,        maxZ = -Infinity;    // Put back the bounding box in the local frame    this.computeWorldMatrix();    var worldToObject = this.getWorldMatrix().clone();    worldToObject.invert();        var customTraverse = function(mesh) {        mesh.computeWorldMatrix();          var subObjectToWorld = mesh.getWorldMatrix().clone();        // Top level Object local frame        var subObjectToObject = subObjectToWorld.multiply(worldToObject);        if(mesh instanceof BABYLON.Mesh && mesh.isVisible) {            var minMax = BABYLON.Tools.ExtractMinAndMaxWithTransform(mesh.getVerticesData(BABYLON.VertexBuffer.PositionKind), 0, mesh._totalVertices, subObjectToObject);            var Minimum = minMax.minimum;            var Maximum = minMax.maximum;            // compute overall bbox            minX = Math.min(minX, Minimum.x);            minY = Math.min(minY, Minimum.y);            minZ = Math.min(minZ, Minimum.z);            maxX = Math.max(maxX, Maximum.x);            maxY = Math.max(maxY, Maximum.y);            maxZ = Math.max(maxZ, Maximum.z);        }        var children = mesh.getChildren();        for(var i = 0, l = children.length; i < l; i++) {            customTraverse(children[i]);        }    };  customTraverse(this);  var bBox_min = new BABYLON.Vector3(minX, minY, minZ);  var bBox_max = new BABYLON.Vector3(maxX, maxY, maxZ);    this._boundingInfo = new BABYLON.BoundingInfo(bBox_min, bBox_max);  return this._boundingInfo.boundingBox;};