Any tutorial on Scaling on different resolution, orientation,etc ?

prateek.pradeep

Hi,

I have seen various blog post on resolution and orientation but no one seems to tell me the accurate steps to implement it.

I want my game to be viewable on tablets and mobile but i am confused with all the post. There are various other things which needs to be taken care of before we actually deploy our game on app store. Sadly there is no such information.

I have followed this tutorial to create flappy bird but it has not provided any information on how to write a complete project so that it is deliverable on App store of varios OS.

Any tutorial, anyone?

I have seen various blog post on resolution and orientation but no one seems to tell me the accurate steps to implement it.

This thread is usually the one most people start with when trying to scale projects and games using Phaser. There is also the documentation on using ScaleManager itself too. And an example on scaling a sprite.

I have followed this tutorial to create flappy bird but it has not provided any information on how to write a complete project so that it is deliverable on App store of varios OS.

There is no easy answer to this. Depending on your needs and willingness to try different services, putting HTML5 games on different app stores can be very complicated.

Some services to explore are PhoneGap, Cordova, and CocoonJS. However, each come with their own problems and issues.

There is a complete 'full screen' mobile project template in the resources folder. We use that approach in all our mobile browser games.

If you want to wrap it in some kind of native wrapper then we can't really support that yet, although we're looking into how Cocoon manages it at the moment. The rest are up to you I'm afraid.

Besides, if you're looking for how to scale without black borders and responsive to device screens. I encourage you to read these articles

Basically this means, get your game resolution from window.innerWidth/Height. Scale down if necessary and place everything else relative to game resolution.