Using callbacks to update sprite variables

Stonekeeper

Are there any plans for adding getters and setters to the objects? I'm currently doing some stuff where I want to change a variable via a callback mechanism, but I don't want to just set variables as that effectively means writing setters for every one, EG:

function setRotation(value) {   ship.rotation = value;}var r = someFunctionThatTakesACallback(x,y,z,setRotation);

I'm thinking of creating an ugly, ugly hack in the form of a generic "_setValue(object, varname, value)" function, via extending the prototype, but I don't want to go to that hassle if there's something better in the works ( and using eval or a 'string split/iterate over the objects' approach is plain wrong ).

Thanks.

You mean having like a property bucket? So you'd do object.setProperty('key', true); or similar?

There's no plan for this right now, but we may do. I would just extend Sprite, add the getter/setter in that you need and just use those instead? That would be the cleanest way of doing it, rather than adding on variables to an existing object at run-time, which invalidates the VMs internal class structures, causing performance drops.