My new game Haunted House

gomsan

The game tells a story of two brothers Sam and Jeb who are separated by a haunted house. With a wise cracking crow and an immortal general store owner as Sam's guide, Sam must rescue his brother before its too late!

In terms of game play, haunted house is a timed rogue-lite with bullet hell elements and a skill tree magic system, set in a randomly generated maze. It is a beta as I have no one else to test it, but I have worked very diligently to remove as many errors as possible and it is quite stable to play at this point. I would really value your critique.

runs at 60fps in chrome with hardware accl enabled.

there is music and sfx volumes as well as rebindable keys

http://www.pac-rat-game.com/HH/HH_BETA.htm

The first thing is to 'use' the 4 slot bag to enable spell slots and then get the first 2 spells on the buff tree, the first one heals 50 magic per cast, then next one heals 50 armor per cast. you will need those a lot. next, get an attack spell or 2, I recommend the icy air, which will dot all enemies in the room. the other is the ice bolt, which does 40 damage and has a slow down effect. Of course there are lots of other tactics to take.

Thank you.

post-8107-0-29464400-1397190934.png

post-8107-0-16337000-1397190935.png

Thank you, I agree the loading time is quite long. To do it over again, I would like arrange things into sprite sheets, but up to this point, I have been doing that by hand. Have you used any good tools for building sprite sheets that are free/cheep?

As far as the difficulty, if you are using items and spells it becomes a whole lot easier. I have taylored it to the notion that its a 'non casual game', so playing it requires both hands moving at speed. While building the game, I wrestled with this, given its status as a 'browser' game, but damn it, I love html5 because its such an open format, and the development tools are free. I think next game I would like to add game pad support, do you think that would offset some of the difficulty?

So I have gotten a few comments that the game is a bit too difficult, (here and other sources) .

I have made an inital update to the game: http://www.pac-rat-g.../HH/HH_BETA.htm

Is there something I can do to make the game more approachable? Any other suggestions?

changes:

more start time

more time per room clear

shot types now have a built-in effect that stacks

simplified shot types

increased player dammage and reduced shot frequency

decreased mob shot speed and frequency

increased magic and armor spell values