Animation on mobile (problem)

Luis Felipe

Hello! I'd appreciate any input on this issue I'm having.

So I'm making another version of one of my html5 mini games and porting it to mobile.

Everything is running ok when I play my game on desktop, but on mobile the hero only plays de "idle" animation. I'm also flipping the scale and that works fine. 

Try it out here: luisfelipeart.com/html5games/mm/

On desktop you can use the cursor keys and on mobile tap either the left or right side to move.

Here is the code for desktop movement:

// DESKTOP MOVEMENT		if (hero.alive == true && cursors.left.isDown) {			hero.body.velocity.x = -600;			hero.animations.play('run');			hero.scale.x = -1;		} else if ( hero.alive == true && cursors.right.isDown) {			hero.body.velocity.x = 600;			hero.animations.play('run');			hero.scale.x = 1;		} else {			hero.body.velocity.x = 0;			hero.animations.play('idle');		}

And for touch movement:

// MOBILE MOVEMENT		if (this.game.input.pointer1.isDown) {			if (hero.alive == true && Math.floor(this.game.input.x/(this.game.width/2)) === 0) {				hero.body.velocity.x = -600;				hero.animations.play('run');				hero.scale.x = -1;			} else if (hero.alive == true && Math.floor(this.game.input.x/(this.game.width/2)) === 1) {				hero.body.velocity.x = 600;				hero.animations.play('run');				hero.scale.x = 1;			} else {				hero.body.velocity.x = 0;				hero.animations.play('idle');			}		}

Thank you :)

remove the animation from the core moving functions then in an update place the animations like i do here:

if(player.body.velocity.x > 0 || player.body.velocity.x < 0)            {                player.animations.play('walk')            }            if(player.body.velocity.x === 0)            {                player.frame = 0;                player.animations.stop();            }

Then have a variable for facing for left and right. If the velocity is right direction, set the facing var to right and scale flip:

// leftif(facing !== 'left')            {                player.scale.x *=-1;                            facing = 'left';            }// rightif(facing !== 'right')            {                player.scale.x *=-1;                facing = 'right';            }

So you have the flipped scales and movement in 2 small snippets working perfectly with the controls you have set up.