P2 tilemap collision

Raikoh

Im using tilemap with P2 and it says to set the tiles that you want to collide with (map.setCollisionBetween()) but even without this line all my tiles collide. 

I tried to set the collides parameter to false and the tiles still collides. In the P2 physique example "tilemap gravity" if i delete the line map.setCollisionBetween(1, 12) it doesn't change anything. ConvertTilemap is supposed to work only on the tiles that we define with map.setCollision, but it uses all the tiles on the layer. Is it a bug, or i don't get it?

I'm pretty sure this is a bug in the engine. In the source for p2.convertTilemap, a collision body is only *ignored* for a tile if the tile doesn't actually exist (aka the index is 0), regardless of if setCollisionBetween is set on it or not.

To fix, go to line 69015 of phaser.js; you should see

if (tile)

change that to

if (tile && tile.collides)

I'm using a updated dev build (build with grunt) and my tilemap still disappears after the first p2 physics collision. I have a seperate collision mesh for the ground and the tilemap is just for visual represantation so i dont wont it to collide with anything and just stay in place. Doesnt work for me so far no matter what im trying.

I noticed this same issue and my character would just start moving on startup (guessing bodies inside bodies causing it to just go whacky).

Are you using game.camera.follow(player); for camera follow? I use this and it works great.

yes, the camera follow works, i tried disabling everything and moved the camera with the cursors like in this example, and the tilemap still disappears, when im not moving the camera everything is fine. http://examples.phaser.io/_site/view_full.html?d=tilemaps&f=csv+map.js&t=csv%20map Im using a Tilemap JSON File generated by Tiled btw.

Simple code:

var map = this.game.add.tilemap('level1');map.addTilesetImage('Level_1', 'tiles');                var layer = map.createLayer('Layer1');layer.resizeWorld();

I'm doing the exact same thing as you. Using Tiled and exporting to JSON. 

function preload() {    game.load.tilemap('map', 'content/maps/Test01.json', null, Phaser.Tilemap.TILED_JSON);    game.load.image('tileset1', 'content/images/tileset.png', 32, 32);    game.load.spritesheet('player', 'content/images/test.png', 24, 32, 12);}function create() {    game.physics.startSystem(Phaser.Physics.P2JS);    // create map    map = game.add.tilemap('map');    map.addTilesetImage('tileset1');    layer1 = map.createLayer('Ground');    layer1.resizeWorld();    layer2 = map.createLayer('Object');    layer2.resizeWorld();    layer3 = map.createLayer('Foreground');    layer3.resizeWorld();}