player.x/y sending to server

rpiller

I'm using SignalR to send player position info to the server 5 times a second (just testing things out). I'm sending player.x & player.y values and when I start the game and don't move it is sending the values just fine. As soon as I move the values stop getting sent. If I just hardcode some numbers that I send then moving doesn't cause this to break so I've concluded it's an issue with player.x & player.y causing some issues (although I see no javascript error in the console).

When sending 5, 5 as the values everything works when moving and standing still. The server gets the values as expected. With player.x & player.y when I start up the game they are being sent just fine but the instant I move the server stops getting anything and no javascript error. Any ideas?

setInterval(function () {        //network.server.setPosition(player.x, player.y);        network.server.setPosition(5, 5);    }, 200);

I'm using P2 physics:

game.physics.startSystem(Phaser.Physics.P2JS);

My update code:

function update() {    var action = "stand";    var vel = 100;    //layer2.debug = true;    player.body.debug = true;    player.body.setZeroVelocity();    if (cursors.left.isDown) {        player.body.velocity.x = -vel;        playerDir = "west";        action = "walk";    }    else if (cursors.right.isDown) {        player.body.velocity.x = vel;        playerDir = "east";        action = "walk";    }    else if (cursors.up.isDown) {        player.body.velocity.y = -vel;        playerDir = "north";        action = "walk";    }    else if (cursors.down.isDown) {        player.body.velocity.y = vel;        playerDir = "south";        action = "walk";    }    player.animations.play(playerDir.concat(".", action));    // sort the actors    actorLayer.sort();}

Yeah, it looks like it's still going inside the setInterval function but it stops making the call to the server but ONLY when using player.x & player.y and only when I press the cursor keys to move my player. When the values are hardcoded it keeps sending to the server just fine.

Figured it out. So I assumed that the player.x/y would always be int. When the game first starts it is an integer value. My RPC on the server is defined as taking integers for x & y. However, as I start moving I see on the javascript side x/y are floats and so it can't fight into the int values so .NET can't find a suitable function to call. Changing my server params to float works now.

Why would we get float values for player x/y? I would think it would be in pixels and pixels can really only be int's right?