tileSprite using a single frame of a spritesheet

farzher

• 2 months later...

I didn't want to create a new topic as I have the exact same problem. 

I'm using 2.0.7 and still can't make it work. 

I'm using width and height to do the tiling. That works fine if your sprite fills the image, but with a specific frame, it doesn't seem to be the right way.

Edit: To be precise , I have an image of 256*256, I set the frameHeight/Width to 128 and ask for the frame 0. So this frame exists. But the wole image is displayed when I expand my TileSprite ( width = 300 for example )

When I've encountered this problem I've just taken the tiled assets out of the sprite sheets/atlases and made them separate; they still have to be power-of-two dimensions though. I know this sounds like a cop-out but I've not yet had time to test what works and what doesn't - I've had sprites from within atlases tile fine in WebGL, and then others which seemingly should work just not. I'd like to find out what the exact requirements are for tiling part of a sprite sheet or atlas, but currently I just don't know what they are.

I think it's fairly well known by the developers (this would be a pixi issue if anything btw) and I'm not sure if it's a technical limitation. Certainly in other GPU frameworks I've used, tiling a sprite from an atlas isn't possible, or at least not very easy, because the sprite you want to tile has to be extracted from the sprite sheet and set as an individual texture anyway internally for it to work with standard texture operations.