Timer based on frames, not ms

farzher

My game is exploitable when played at low framerate, because everything slows down, except the timers.

Can I use a timer that's based on frames, not ms? Or am I expected to just code that myself? You have a nice timer class, it'd be great if I could use it.

Instead of messing with your timer class, I think it'd be easier to make my own frametimer object.

Is there an empty gameobject class I can extend? I didn't see one, the only way I know how to do this is using a sprite:

I want to make an empty game object, give it an amount of frames and a callback, it'll add itself to the game so update gets called on it, then it'll call the callback and destroy itself when it's done.

How do I fix the performance of this? This is pretty bad haha.
I'm adding an image to the game to get update called on it. Idk how else to know when frames a frame passes.

# TODO: performance is badclass FrameTimer extends Phaser.Image	(@duration, @callback, @context) ->		super game		@frameCount = 0		game.add.existing @	update: ->		@frameCount += 1		if @frameCount > @duration			@callback.call @context			@destroy!

It's used like this, and works well:

new FrameTimer @reloadSpeed, (-> @canShoot = true), @