Ragdoll Using P2.

ryancook1993

Hi,

I have recently used phaser and p2 for a university project.

Just wondering if anyone would be interested in an example if I put one together? Also, do you think this is something that would interest the guys at Phaser to the point where they could maybe post it in the examples? 

I used the P2 example from schteppe's  Github and had a little help from him too. 

I would have to work to make it better to show it as an example, but its not bad. Had a little trouble with the scale of physics, tried setting the overall mass to 80 units(whatever they may be)  and the gravity to 10 and it did not work, so think I have to figure out the physics units. Tried the pixel to p2 unit conversions with no luck either. I am willing to put in a bit of effort and make a reasonable example  if it interests people. 

Here's a very buggy quick demo, had just finished ragdoll but not implemented any game features.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhXOPfzVYmM

As I said needs work, but let me know if anyones interested as I dont fancie putting in the work for no reason!

Cheers.

Yes absolutely, if you can put an example together that would be awesome !

After that you can definitely submit a pull request for this to be included in the Phaser examples, you may need to refactor a bit, but it's defintely something that will be good for developers to learn from.

So, if it makes it into the examples, would it be posted on the examples.phaser,io site under the p2 examples part?

I am under massive work load from university for the next fortnight, but I am eager to get my example posted if it would help people so it should not be long after I finish that it is ready. 

Thanks for the encouraging response!