Occulus rift Demo

Dad72

On site there is specify to use IE 11 and older (You must install this driver and use IE11+ to see these demos).

I just tested on Firefox 29 and Google Chrome and it works well.  :D

I think this phrase on the site and on the blog are no longer necessary being given that this seems compatible on Firefox and Chrome also.  :)

Hi,

The rendering part using the postprocess shader and dual camera rendering works indeed fine in Chrome and Firefox. But the driver for Oculus support generates device orientation events. Firefox doesn't support them on Windows and Chrome uses a different orientation then IE11.

Have you tested using your Oculus device?

Bye,

David

Hi,

No, I have no oculus pairs. I just was curious to see with another browser. and seeing the result I thought it functioned.

You think it will be compatible with other browsers in the future. It is in project or this will only work for IE 11 and +. I want to add this functionality in my project "editor of game".

Thank you for the explanation.

It's on our roadmap to support Chrome, but this is low priority as we have so much to do/update. I need to work on an abstraction of the device orientation events implementation to be cross-browsers compatible.

Can't do anything for Firefox until they won't support Device Orientation API. All the magic comes from there in our support for Oculus.