Games performance

hcwdikk

I own several Android phones, two of which are low-end and an iPhone 4s. Most of the HTML5 games run well on the iPhone however on the Xperia Tipo (which isn't a good phone nowdays) they lag like hell. Most of games run on 5-10 fps and the audio is out of sync. The same goes for the game that I am developing right now. So my question is on which devices should I test my game? Should I be bothered that my game doesn't work well on low-end phones? What devices do you use to test your games? Thanks in advance for your answers :)

I used to pick my minimum requirements to iPod Touch 4, now I increase it to a minimum of iPod Touch 5. I would find any other device (Android 4/WinPhone 8) that has the same performance and drop whatever less than iPod Touch 5 performance. For me, it is up to me the system requirements I want to pick, rather than having my customers complaint upon game they downloaded/played but not working simply because their devices aren't working and we didn't give them a notice in advance. Also the case when you want to increase the quality of your game but low-end devices won't fit your needs.

In my case, I am no longer supported any device less than iPod Touch 5 or equal to it for my next games in regards of, I hope, better quality. For you, unless your target market requires those low-end devices, then you have to create a game that fits such condition. If you are as quite idealistic as I do, I'd suggest you choose which devices that can run your current game perfectly, which are devices equal to iPhone 4S spec/performance.

hi, some times android performance very bad. For example - in my game i use background image(as html background) with resolution 2048x1024 game work fine on desktop (FF, chrome, opera, IE) and my IPad 3 and Iphone 4s/ 5s but on android (with native browser) max fps was 15 on top devices(if use chrome on android all was done). when i remove this background image fps on android increase to 35-40 fps