Create effect underwater

Dad72

• 2 months later...
I unearths the topic.  :)

I think to achieve this, activate the fog when it is below the level 0 of the world and give a green/bleux color this fog. This could give effect underwater.

What do you think of this idea?

Thanks Reddozen

I managed a have a rather correct effect like this:

scene.fogMode = BABYLON.Scene.FOGMODE_LINEAR ;scene.fogColor = new BABYLON.Color3(0, 0.23, 0.27);scene.ambientColor = new BABYLON.Color3(0, 0.23, 0.27);LightDirectional[0].intensity = 0.1;LightDirectional[1].intensity = 0.1;scene.fogStart = 1.0;scene.fogEnd = 100.0;scene.fogDensity = 0.008;postProcess2 = new BABYLON.BlurPostProcess("Horizontal blur", new BABYLON.Vector2(1.0, 0), 20, 1.5, scene.activeCamera, BABYLON.Texture.DEFAULT_SAMPLINGMODE);postProcess3 = new BABYLON.BlurPostProcess("Vertical blur", new BABYLON.Vector2(0, 1.0), 20, 1.5, scene.activeCamera, BABYLON.Texture.DEFAULT_SAMPLINGMODE);

But this blurs that objects. not the ambient scene.

You do not have an idea to give the blur has the scene, what accentuerais the effect under water.

I love the idea of randomized of small bubbles. I'm not very good with the shader, but the ripple effect is what I search with a postProcess, but I can't. How would you do this?

bubbles can be spheres generated randomly, and even at random small sizes than just have them "float" to the top in a kind of wave motion.

looks like this GLSL shader has underwater kind of ripples... would have to convert it.

https://github.com/opatut/Shaders/blob/master/data/underwater.glsl

EDIT:

Looks like some people are using particle effects to create the distortions without applying a shader to the whole environment.

EDIT 2:

This guy is explaining exactly what you want... and it's HTML5. Good starting point. Could limit the effect to kind of as needed.

http://ariya.ofilabs.com/2012/03/underwater-effect-with-html5-canvas.html

Found, it is necessary that I used an  new BABYLON.ShaderMaterial()

But I know not to use it. You might not make a tutorial top DK for use of shader custom with ShaderMaterial? If you have a bit of time of course.

Thanks Themechon, I'll read it.

I start to do it otherwise. I have not yet understood the options, but I'll learn.

var waveMaterial = new BABYLON.ShaderMaterial("wave", scene, {
            vertexElement: "vertexShaderCode_wave",
            fragmentElement: "fragmentShaderCode_wave",
        }, 
{
            needAlphaBlending: true,
            attributes: ["position", "uv"],
            uniforms: ["worldViewProjection"],
            samplers: ["textureSampler"]
        });

I managed to have a more correct result. remains for me only a put random bubbles and the effect will be pretty good.

scene.fogMode = BABYLON.Scene.FOGMODE_LINEAR ;scene.fogColor = new BABYLON.Color3(0, 0.23, 0.27);scene.ambientColor = new BABYLON.Color3(0, 0.23, 0.27);LightDirectional[0].intensity = 0.1;LightDirectional[1].intensity = 0.1;scene.fogStart = 1.0;scene.fogEnd = 100.0;scene.fogDensity = 0.008; postProcess2.blurWidth = 150;postProcess3.blurWidth = 150;

Wholesale, lower the intensity of the light, put a color ambiente a blue scene, add a can of fog color blue and a post-process blur raise and the effect is very good.