Introducing Audio Cue-JSP

vacum

Hi everyone,

I recently started to play around with TypeScript and ended up in porting my companys music engine Audio Cue to TypeScript / Javascript. Audio Cue is originally a middleware music engine for interactive applications (like games and similar).

Since this is a really small test-project (and still a work in progress) compared to the native version I chose to put it on GitHub. Now I'd like to let the world know it's online and free to use and experimenting with.

I am also really keen on testing it on some html5 game (I'm a total newie when it comes to html5 development and don't have the time to create new games right now), so if someone is interested in some collaboration please let me know.

https://github.com/sundhage/AudioCue-JSP

// johan

seem interesting but as rich said it lacks of examples / tests, also, a breaf description in the README file will encourage people to try it.

@rich : here is what the documentation says

Audio Cue is a middleware audio and music engine that focuses on adaptive music. It basically consists
of two parts; an editor where the composer defines all sound, music and rules of how it can - and
should - be play-backed and a pre-compiled library (one for each platform) to be used for
implementing the composers work.

from my undestanding, this library can make sound/music playback separated from the code : you define rules and events, and the library will know what sound to trigger when some conditions are verified :)

never thought to use music files this way in HTML5 games but it could be good aproach if the events can be tied to standard game events.

Sorry about the lack of information. I'm working on some examples right now and will push stuff as soon they are ready. Point a webserver to the build-debug directory and open http://localhost in Chrome. After the loading process (progress seen in console only right now) a couple of buttons will show up and you can trigger different music parts in an adaptive way (with consideration on timing, musical transitions etc).

This is awesome!

I'm curious - what is the big btb JSON file? All the audio files merged into a json file, I assume?

Noticed under helper folder, an xcode to json thingie - do you need OSX to work with this?

Also, what technology is this using in my browser (Chrome) to play this so seamlessly? I had no idea this was possible. I understand the concept on the musical side of things, but didn't think the technology was up for it yet.

Would love to get some explanations for a good workflow with this so I could make some music and try this out in a game!

This is awesome!

I'm curious - what is the big btb JSON file? All the audio files merged into a json file, I assume?

Noticed under helper folder, an xcode to json thingie - do you need OSX to work with this?

Also, what technology is this using in my browser (Chrome) to play this so seamlessly? I had no idea this was possible. I understand the concept on the musical side of things, but didn't think the technology was up for it yet.

Would love to get some explanations for a good workflow with this so I could make some music and try this out in a game!

Thanks! The big json contains all audio files and the other settings-files (json aswell but Base64 encoded). This file were as you expected created with the folder2json util.

Yep, that binary2json is compiled for mac osx, but should compile to both Windows and any *nix system (using gcc). I should probably do that and add those binaries to the library.

The sounds are played using the Web Audio API. The only thing that is a little bit unconventional is that I use a ScriptProcessor callback for all timing instead of javascript timers (it's all handled in SoundController.ts). 

• 11 months later...