Trouble with putTile

rjungemann

Good evening all,

I am trying to use putTile to generate a tilemap. Unfortunately, whenever, I try and create a tile somewhere other than at x = 1, y = 1, the tile does not appear. I'm using Phaser 2.0.5 and the Ninja tileset, though for this example I've not yet added physics.

Note that although I try and create a tile at 1, 1 and one at 1, 2, only one tile appears. I've tried tweaking with the parameters a few different ways to no avail.

Thanks in advance!

<!DOCTYPE html><html>  <head>    <title>Tile Example</title>     <script src="/javascripts/lib/phaser.js"></script>    <script>      var game = new Phaser.Game(800, 600, Phaser.AUTO, 'game-container', {        preload: preload,        create: create,        update: update      });       function preload(game) {        var me = this;        me.game.load.image('collision', '/assets/tilemaps/tiles/ninja-tiles32.png');      }       function create() {        var me = this;        me.map = me.game.add.tilemap();        me.map.addTilesetImage('collision', 'collision', 32, 32, 0, 0);         me.collisionLayer = me.map.createBlankLayer('collision', 16, 16, 32, 32);        me.collisionLayer.visible = true;         me.map.putTile(1, 1, 1, 'collision');        me.map.putTile(1, 1, 2, 'collision');         me.collisionLayer.resizeWorld();      }             function update() {        var me = this;      }    </script>  </head>   <body>  </body></html>

I had some problems when using "createBlankLayer" on the first layer created. However I didn't take the time to investigate further (and that was under 2.04). Using "game.map.create" for the first layer and using "game.map.createBlankLayer" for further layers worked for me.

Thanks, @spencerTL and @ragnarok! What's described in that thread sounds useful. Also good to know about the "createBlankLayer" behavior.

My end goal is to design small chunks (like 16x16) of a level in Tiled and then use them kind of like a "rubber stamp" to create a larger level so it doesn't need to be on the fly per se :¬)