P2JS and Mouse Drag

steffmeister

Hi

I'm new to Phaser and I got through some examples, a thing which I am interested now is a draggable sprite while p2js physics is activated. It is no problem with arcade physics, but when switching to p2js the sprite does not react to drags. I have searched the forums but didn't find a good solution. I also found nothing in the documentation why this is not working as with arcade pyhsics (but I may be a bad searcher).

(Basically I want to make a balloon sprite which floats to the top and one should be able to pull it down, after this it should be againt rise to the top.)

I have an (non-working) example here (its also here http://steffmeister.at/dev/phaser/demos/balloon.html):

<!DOCTYPE html><html>  <head>	<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">  	<script src="../phaser-master/build/phaser.min.js"></script>	<title>Drag Test</title>  </head>  <body>	<script type="text/javascript">    window.onload = function() {        var game = new Phaser.Game(600, 800, Phaser.AUTO, '', { preload: preload, create: create });		var ball;				        function preload () {			game.stage.backgroundColor = '#fff4d9';						game.scale.scaleMode = Phaser.ScaleManager.SHOW_ALL;			game.scale.setScreenSize();		            game.load.image('ball', 'ball.png');        }		        function create () {	    game.physics.startSystem(Phaser.Physics.P2JS);       	    ball = game.add.sprite(50, 50, 'ball');            game.physics.enable([ball], Phaser.Physics.P2JS);        	game.physics.p2.gravity.y = -100;        	        	ball.inputEnabled = true;        	ball.input.enableDrag(true);			ball.events.onDragStart.add(startDrag, this);			ball.events.onDragStop.add(stopDrag, this);        }						function startDrag() {			//  You can't have a sprite being moved by physics AND input, so we disable the physics while being dragged			ball.body.moves = false;			console.log('startdrag');		}		function stopDrag() {			//  And re-enable it upon release			ball.body.moves = true;			console.log('stopdrag');		}    };    </script>  </body></html>

The events are fireing, so that is not the problem. Can someone tell me what I have to change to make this working?

Kind regards,

Stefan.

I have had the same problem. The only fix I've found is to make the body move with the mouse while the sprite is dragged.

I believe P2 body blocks the dragging of the sprite. The same behaviour is to be noticed when you try moving the x or y property of a Sprite having a body : it won't budge an inch. You have to act on sprite.body.x (or y) instead.

var sprite;function create(){   sprite.inputEnabled = true;   sprite.input.enableDrag();}function update(){   if( sprite.input.isDragged ){      //BODY => follow pointer      if( sprite.body != null ){	sprite.body.x = game.input.activePointer.worldX;	sprite.body.y = game.input.activePointer.worldY;      }   }}

I think if you set sprite.body.static = true during the drag, you remove control of the sprite from the physics system, allowing it to move freely. Otherwise, the physics system is applying the position as calculated from the velocity of the body every frame, so it will either not move or jerk and vibrate as the two systems fight with one another.

I have had the same problem. The only fix I've found is to make the body move with the mouse while the sprite is dragged.

I believe P2 body blocks the dragging of the sprite. The same behaviour is to be noticed when you try moving the x or y property of a Sprite having a body : it won't budge an inch. You have to act on sprite.body.x (or y) instead.

Thanks for your code, this is working :)

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I'd contribute this JSFiddle to the discussion. I referenced this JSFiddle from schteppe and modified it to work with Phaser. ( http://jsfiddle.net/WZNfe/1/

http://jsfiddle.net/9e8cd/

Please excuse the blank sprites... I had it using the tetris peices from examples.phaser.io because I built it to work inside the examples site. Unfortunately I can't load those into JSFiddle. 

Another note is that I'm creating the mouseBody directly as a new P2.Body() instead of using Phaser's built in P2 functions. I tried using Phaser's functions to create that body but was having trouble getting it to work. Anyways, I hope this helps some others!