Rotating sprite bounds out of canvas

oddskill

Hello.

Why does the rotating sprite in this little example http://oddskill.bplaced.net/bounce_rot_cow/index.html leave (laps over) the canvas boundaries ?

How to avoid that ?

Are there any possibilities to set a polygonal bounding box for the sprites boundaries ?

Best regards and thanks in advance.

Chris

PS: sourcecode below

index.html

<!doctype html> <html lang="en">   <head>     <meta charset="UTF-8" />    <title>Bouncing Rotating Cow</title>    <link rel="stylesheet" href="css/style.css">    <script type="text/javascript" src="js/phaser.min.js"></script>    <script type="text/javascript" src="js/bounce_rot_cow.js"></script>  </head>  <body>    <h1>BOUNCING ROTATING COW</h1>    <div id="centerDiv">      <div id="container">      <!--Phaser Canvas Element in this example called "container" -->      </div>      <a id="zip" href="bounce_rot_cow.zip">sourcecode</a>           </div>  </body></html>

bounce_rot_cow.js

var game = new Phaser.Game(500, 500, Phaser.CANVAS, 'container', { preload: preload, create: create, update: update });var img;function preload() {  game.load.image('cow', './assets/cow2_bg_white.png');}function create() {  game.stage.backgroundColor = '#00ff00';  game.physics.startSystem(Phaser.Physics.ARCADE);  img = game.add.sprite(20, 20, 'cow');  game.physics.enable(img, Phaser.Physics.ARCADE);  img.body.velocity.x=100;  img.body.velocity.y=100;  img.body.collideWorldBounds = true;  img.body.bounce.set(1);  img.anchor.setTo(0.5, 0.5);}function update() {  img.rotation += img.body.velocity.x / 5000;}

style.css

body {  background: #000000;}h1{  color: #ffffff;  text-align: center;}#centerDiv { width: 500px;   margin: 0 auto;  background-color:#dddddd; } 

Make these changes in your bounce_rot_cow.js and you should see the problem.

change this line to:

var game = new Phaser.Game(500, 500, Phaser.CANVAS, 'container', { preload: preload, create: create, update: update, render: render });

remove this line:

game.stage.backgroundColor = '#00ff00';

and add this: 

function render() {  game.debug.body(img);}

And this is what you are expecting:
function render() {  game.debug.spriteBounds(img);}

Thanks Dumtard,

i did the changes you and now i think one can see here http://oddskill.bplaced.net/bounce_rot_cow_debug/ whats going on.

Is that a problem when doing a game with rotating sprites or is that no real problem with smaller sprites

like normally used in games ?

Or is there another way around that using a diffrent Physics mode than ARCADE ?

best regards

Chris

Thanks Dumtard,

i did the changes you and now i think one can see here http://oddskill.bplaced.net/bounce_rot_cow_debug/ whats going on.

Is that a problem when doing a game with rotating sprites or is that no real problem with smaller sprites

like normally used in games ?

Or is there another way around that using a diffrent Physics mode than ARCADE ?

best regards

Chris

As I had mentioned previously, the img body information was incorrect, but the img bounds is what you had wanted. It is as simple as setting the img body to the img bounds.

function update() {  img.rotation += img.body.velocity.x / 5000;  img.body.width = img.getBounds().width;  img.body.height = img.getBounds().height;}

Edit: Examples