change body size when the game is run

nak3ddogs

helo.

Can i change the body size in the update function?  i want my player to crouch to avoid some stuff.

so when i try change the player's body size in the update section the player had launched like a rocket.

player1 = this.add.sprite( 100, 0, 'character');	    this.physics.enable(player1, Phaser.Physics.ARCADE);        player1.body.bounce.y = 0.3;        player1.body.gravity.y = 1000;        player1.body.maxVelocity.y = 600;        player1.body.collideWorldBounds = true;        player1.anchor.x = 0.5;        player1.anchor.y = 1;             player1.body.setSize(24, 70, 0, 0 );         player1.body.immovable = true;update: function(){	this.physics.arcade.collide(player1, layer1);        //player1 controll        if (player1.body.touching.down || player1.body.onFloor()) {            if (this.cursors.down.isDown) {                player1.body.setSize(24, 70, 0, 0);                 if (Math.abs( player1.body.velocity.x) > 240 && this) {                    player1.animations.play('roll')                } else if (player1.animations.currentAnim.name != 'crouch') {                    player1.animations.play('crouch');                };               // console.log(player1.animations.currentAnim.name)            } else if (this.cursors.left.isDown) {                player1.body.velocity.x = -250;                player1.scale.x = -1;                player1.animations.play('run');            } else if (this.cursors.right.isDown) {                player1.body.velocity.x = +250;                player1.animations.play('run');                player1.scale.x = 1;            } else {                player1.body.velocity.x = 0;                player1.animations.play('stop');            }            if (this.cursors.up.isDown) {                player1.body.velocity.y = -400;                player1.animations.play('jump');            };        };     },

This is the integration at work, changing the size changes the positioning of the sprite, which is interpreted by the physics system as a sudden change in velocity. You may be able to call player1.body.reset(player1.x, player1.y) straight after changing the size maybe? Depending on your anchor or offset you may need to change the player.y a bit to move the player down as well as making it smaller.

i set the player.body.anchor to the bottom of the sprite. but i think when i change the size of the body's velocity is originated from the body top left corner's position changes. is it possible?
so when i changed the body size the difference of the previous and the new position of the top left corner is 30 px. and it is happen in a 1/60 s. 

30*60 = 1800. is the new velocity.y 1800?

• 1 year later...