Frame drop when moving a ground

binyan

I'm getting a frame drop while moving two grounds created from height map. With Intel HD 4000 I have around 40 fps and with Adreno 330 (smartphone) I have 20 fps.

I've created a simple example based on the height map tutorial. I've just added an additional ground object and ground movement and still getting this frame drop. The frame drop is not so drastic as in my own project but it still exists. With Intel HD 4000 I have 50 fps and with Adreno 330 I have 40 fps.  Anyone have any idea why is this happening and how it may be fixed? I have tried to reduce the amount of subdivisions, it increases the frame rate but only a bit.

The example is attached. 

movingHeightMap.zip

As I said I've already tried to reduce the number of subdivisions (i.e. vertices) and it increases the frame rate but not drastically. I still have low fps on mobile device. 

Btw, in my project the amount of subdivisions is 150, so I don't think the problem is only in number of active vertices.

Here you go. But in playground it is a bit problematic to see the problem. The problem appears when the resolution is high, while in playground even in full screen you don't have a canvas of full screen size. My laptop screen has a Full HD resolution and when I open the dev console (which reduces a canvas size) I have no any problem with fps. But when it is really full screen I have an fps drop.

Could you please try with Chrome? I hardly believe that the performance gap between HD 4000 and HD 4400 is so huge. Maybe it's all about the browser?

Also, could you try to enter the site from your phone? This is a quite simple scene and it's really weird that on my Snapdragon 800 it gets low fps (all the modern mobile games run just perfect on this processor).