Some examples are using legacy code - do they need phasing out? (Pun +1)

J_Wotoo

I was looking for an example of using the Keyboard.justpressed() function today cause I've been wanting to fine-tune my input controls, but the example  is just using keyboard.isDown(). *sadface

Does this example need updating? I've noticed a few of the current examples are using older phaser code - is there a concerted effort to update these with each new release or is it a bit more of a "fix stuff when I see it's broken/old" approach?

Just wondering if I should go through a bunch of the examples and make sure they're all working with the latest version of Phaser :)

Uh, ok so you may have misunderstood me - I'm not trying to replace one for the other, nor am I saying these specific functions are old or incorrect. I've tried code in other examples however that were clearly incorrect and I'm assuming that's because of API changes.

To be a bit clearer, I was trying to find an example of justPressed(), because I don't think I'm using it correctly in my game. I looked at the example called Keyboard justpressed but it didn't actually use that function (?), instead it uses keyboard.isDown(). 

cheers, I'll remember to submit anything I find to Github then

I've tried code in other examples however that were clearly incorrect and I'm assuming that's because of API changes.

yeah, i find this REALLY FRUSTRATING when example code doesn't even run.

Not half as frustrating as I find blanket statements like this that don't specifically state which ones don't run.