RadialGradient for BitmapData fillstyle

ailadson

Hey, I'm having from trouble with the BitmapData module. When I assign a radial gradient to Phaser.BitmapData.ctx.fillstyle, nothing I draw renders to the screen. The code below in in the 'create' function.

var gradient = bitmap.ctx.createRadialGradient(x,y,0,x,y,radius);gradient.addColorStop(0.5,"white");gradient.addColorStop(0.4,color);gradient.addColorStop(1,"black");bitmap.ctx.fillStyle = gradient;bitmap.circle(bitmap.width/2,bitmap.height/2,10);

I know my other code is working because when I make the fillStyle = '#FFFFFF', I get a white ball. Does the BitmapData module allow me to set radial gradients as the fillStyle? It is my understanding that anything I can do on a canvas I can do with BitmapData. Or is there something I'm overlooking? I need help! Please and Thank You.

Can't really tell without seeing all of your code, but it looks fine to me so long as the values are correct. Here's a complete working example of my own:

var game = new Phaser.Game(800, 600, Phaser.AUTO, 'phaser-example', { create: create, update: update });var bmd;var innerCircle;var outerCircle;function create() {    //  Our BitmapData (same size as our canvas)    bmd = game.make.bitmapData(800, 600);    //  Add it to the world or we can't see it    bmd.addToWorld();    //  Create the Circles    innerCircle = new Phaser.Circle(200, 200, 100);    outerCircle = new Phaser.Circle(200, 200, 300);    game.add.tween(innerCircle).to( { x: 100, y: 100, radius: 1 }, 3000, "Sine.easeInOut", true, 0, -1, true);}function update() {    var grd = bmd.context.createRadialGradient(innerCircle.x, innerCircle.y, innerCircle.radius, outerCircle.x, outerCircle.y, outerCircle.radius);    grd.addColorStop(0, '#8ED6FF');    grd.addColorStop(1, '#003BA2');    bmd.cls();    bmd.circle(outerCircle.x, outerCircle.y, outerCircle.radius, grd);}

Note: Coded for Phaser 2.2, but if you just change the tween from "Sine" to something like Phaser.Easing.Exponential.InOut it'll work fine in 2.1.3.