Different screens and keyboard inputs

systemx17

I am just new to Pixi.js as I strongly avoid learning new frameworks, when most of the time I could have learnt to do it from scratch in the same amount of time.. it's so awesome that Pixi.js doesn't take long to learn. However there are a couple of things I am not sure of. Thanks to the developer(s).

1) How do I display a loading screen, a title screen, a login screen then the game itself? I have the game screen all setup and running, but I want to display different screens at different times. Do I just create 1 stage and change what is displayed? This seems like a lot of work to do it that way. Can I destroy stages and replace them with a different one?

2) Do I just use event listeners to keyboard up and down to handle keypresses in a desktop browser or does Pixi.js have something included?

Really appreciate any help that people can offer. PS. I won't be offended if you like the answers to these questions in this forum or another site. I am able to read if I have just missed a part in the documentation too.

Thanks very much. I will look into how to use containers. I am good with event listeners so that won't be a problem. Is there any examples out there so far on how to integrate event listeners and such? If not, while I do mine I might write a simple guide.

Wow! That's cool. Is it an official tutorial or by an individual outside Pixi development?

It's just something I wrote for myself to try and help me learn Pixi :)

I'll have a lot more content coming soon an will update it all for Pixi v. 3.0 when that version becomes stable.

Is was really helpful to me but I also gave it to 2 of the participants in an Administration skills class I teach. The 2 lads that tried it got the concepts but had a little trouble with the output. I am unsure if a few things have changed but they were unable to get the exact results. It did however accomplish the goal of allowing them to render images and the other concepts of Pixi. Thanks heaps. Pixi should get you to write a few guides and publish them on their site. I think you could actually effect an increase in uptake of Pixi :)

The 2 lads that tried it got the concepts but had a little trouble with the output. I am unsure if a few things have changed but they were unable to get the exact results. 

If possible could you post any problems you found on the Github repo's issue tracker?

https://github.com/kittykatattack/learningPixi/issues

It's a living document and we appreciate that kind of feedback to improve the material :)