Why not a native Button in pixi ?

bali33

Hi,

I was wondering why there is not a real native Button in pixi ? So far you have to create a Sprite, enable the buttonMode and manually add a callback for each event in order to change the button sprite. Is seems a lot of effort just for a Button which is usually a basic class.

It would be great to have a real built-in Button class in Pixi, like in Phaser or Easle - is that something you could consider ?

Thanks

Can't speak for devs, but in my opinion Pixi should stay what is it now - a renderer. Damn fast renderer, not an framework.

Nothing is holding you to make your own implementation of button and reuse it in several projects with or without little modifications.

Anyway, I would like to hear more opinions on that

Second that!

Can't speak for devs, but in my opinion Pixi should stay what is it now - a renderer. Damn fast renderer, not an framework.

Nothing is holding you to make your own implementation of button and reuse it in several projects with or without little modifications.

Anyway, I would like to hear more opinions on that

I'm tend to agree with you - but since there is a buttonMode I think having a least a real button class which is almost the most UI element used in game and application wouldn't hurt or change pixi philosophy. 

But it was just a question, not trying to force a feature here ;-)

Ok - got it !

I had to ask, because Pixi looks great to develop games and games not only need a renderer engine but also a UI framework. It could have be great to have a UI framework based on Pixi like Starling + Feather UI for Flash.

Thanks for the answer !!!

Ok - got it !

I had to ask, because Pixi looks great to develop games and games not only need a renderer engine but also a UI framework. It could have be great to have a UI framework based on Pixi like Starling + Feather UI for Flash.

Thanks for the answer !!!

Yeah, pixi is not a game framework. It is also useful for interactive web apps and used pretty often in charting libraries. It is pretty easy to build on and extend pixi v3, so feel free to write a UI lib if you need one and share it with the community.