rich

Join the new Phaser Slack Channel

25 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Today I set-up a Phaser channel on Slack.

It's for any Phaser developer to hang out and chat about game dev in general.

If you use Slack and would like to join the Phaser channel then please drop me an email. All I need is your email address, first name and last name and then I can send you an invite to the channel.

Right now adding new users is a manual process, so bear with me if you don't get added right away.

Cheers,

Rich

That's a good idea! Slack has a great platform.

FYI the mailto did work for me on Chrome, I had the blank tab but then Outlook opened up.

So, why not a slack for html5gamdevs instead of phaser only, and maybe make phaser a channel?

Request sent btw!

While I do understand you, I still think it would be nice to have it. Especially for art-sharing and stuff like that. I wouldn't mind creating one since I'm all day long in slack at work, but I have no credit nor would anyone know the channel.

What about replacing the forum chat with Gitter.

There is a library to embed it easily here: https://sidecar.gitter.im/

It has a lot of nice features like slack and is free. 

Of course if people want to chat they will need a github account to sign in with but I can't see that being a problem for a game dev.

ylluminarious likes this

Hi, I sent my details for the Slack channel yesterday. I saw that you mentioned you process all requests the same day, and I thought I would mention my e-mail because I use a less popular e-mail domain (linuxmail.org) and get caught in people's spam filters all the time. If you don't have it there, either, I can try sending it again. Thanks!

There are no invites pending, so if you've still don't have yours coach you need to re-send it, because I either never got it, or you didn't get the invite email from Slack.