What is pixi.js?

coter

A week ago I thought that pixi,js is an alternative to flash. This week I spent writing code at most two hours, rest of the time I'm looking for and rework.Faced with yet another problem (events) I found a topic where someone started a month ago to raise money for the rewriting of events. I it to what... And to what I do or don't understand something, or pixi.js flash will be replaced only after ten years.

What's going on?

Pixi.js is a super fast HTML 5 2D rendering engine that uses webGL with canvas fallback. It was built to normalize the canvas and webgl APIs into a simple scene graph API that has some similarities to the Flash API.

The issue you are talking about is me trying to be able to afford the time to spend on rewriting the Interaction Manager, which handles interactions with the object in the scene. Eventing is done using EventEmitter3 and works quite well. Comparing pixi.js which is a 2 year old project, with 2 developers both with other fulltime jobs, to Flash which is a 10+ year old project with multiple teams of developers working on it full time; just isn't a fair comparison. They also operate in different spaces, for different reasons, with different goals.

If you encounter a bug, please report it on GitHub and I will look at it when I have time. Or you could also put in a PR to fix the issue yourself (this is open source), or if you want me to fix it for you and do it now, post a bounty.

Thanks!