Swipey - Make your own levels

Headbang Games

Hi everyone,
Here is a little side project I've been working on the past week, it's a multi platform game designed for tablets and desktop with an online level creator and a website on top of that for posting new levels.
The basic idea is to have a very simple level creator where even a small children can make levels and share with their friends, get them into the business at an early age 

I am going live next week with the first 1.0 version of the site/game.

I would love to hear your thoughts about the game/level editor and general experience.

Swipey - Make your own levels

ss01.jpg

ss02.jpg

ss03.jpg

ss04.jpg

ss05.jpg

Very cool idea and very well done. I like the rolling effect. 

Note: the link is actually linking to this thread. Also, why not include the screenshots, etc. to get on the front page showcase?

Can the sidebar disappear when the game starts into a burger menu and reappear later? Or something along those lines?
 Either that or design it to blend in better with the game screen? It just feels strange having it there for a full screen game.

But I like the game! Just made a level, 'The Long Way Round' but it was easier than I thought when I played it, haha. Are there smaller level sizes too?

Thanks man!

Are you talking about the website on the left?
There is a full-screen button in the game.

You can make whatever size level you want, there is a resize tool at the bottom of the canvas, drag it to make the level smaller/bigger.

Check out the video above, it shows all the features.

Checking out your level now, cheers!

So I played your level, I got a question, I am not sure if it was intentional or if its a bug, I noticed that the gates are placed in places you can go around without needing to open them with the switches and also there are no numbers assigned to the switches/gates.

Was this because you were just playing around with it, or did the level got messed up?

Also you left a hole in the wall, which lets you get out of the level and off screen, I didn't think about this condition, that's a good catch for debugging :)

Haha, I was more just playing with the creator to see what's possible. The hole in the wall was just a test to see what happens :rolleyes: I forgot to plug it back up. I was thinking of leaving the bottom wall empty. I didn't watch the video, I like to get my hands dirty with it :lol: so I didn't actually know what they were.

Also, it was just my first attempt at a level, so didn't plan enough into how it would be. It's a really good level editor though. Hopefully I'll be able to make some much better ones after watching the video.

1 hour ago, Umz said:

Can the sidebar disappear when the game starts into a burger menu and reappear later? Or something along those lines?
 Either that or design it to blend in better with the game screen? It just feels strange having it there for a full screen game.

But I like the game! Just made a level, 'The Long Way Round' but it was easier than I thought when I played it, haha. Are there smaller level sizes too?

I've made it so when you enter play mode from a game link it won't show the menu and the game will be centered (can't force real fullscreen, user must provide touch input).
Exiting to edit mode will bring the menu back.