General Lack of Phaser tutorials?

PurpleRed

Are you serious? There's A LOT of various Phaser tutorials, I wrote a few myself. Almost always a link to the Phaser tutorial is in the Gamedev.js Weekly newsletter every Friday. There are many tutorials in every single Phaser World newsletter every week. Written tutorials, online courses, videos, workshops, trainings, articles, demos.

Are you looking for something specific?

I was actually refering more to video tutorials. I have went through the written tutorials but going about it that way dosnt do anything for me. I just started learning phaser about a week ago so I have not signed up for the newsletter. Currently im trying to build a platformer that uses tiled. I have already managed a simple pong game.

What im trying to say is. Why arnt there any quality video tutorials for beginners. You would think with such a huge following, there would be more than 2-3 people putting out content for phaser.

You could check the Phaser World newsletter archive for them - I'm not following the video tutorials, so I don't know if they are exactly what you're looking for. There's also the Zenva Academy, some at Udemy and similar sites, many just posted on YouTube. Creating a good video course takes skills and time, so you shouldn't be surprised they are paid.

Yea. I have seen the Zenva mini tutorials. Udemy looks like it has some really good ones too. I simply dont have the money to pay for the lessons. Im progressing, albeit slowly. It feels like the only way Im going to speed up the process is too spend money I dont have. Thats quite a dis-heartening feeling.

Im going to keep trying and keep progressing simply because this is what I want to do. Im not expecting to built triple A games with phaser, nor am I expecting it all to come easy on the first go. Its just difficult when things dont work out the way its suppose too when reading through a tutorial. Its not like I can look at another one teaching the same thing. Luckily where the tutorials dont work, phaser examples really shine.

@PurpleRed: Take a look here http://phaser.io/examples. I think almost every "basic" aspects of Phaser are covered in these examples, and if you don't understand something, you have the docs http://phaser.io/docs/2.6.1/index to help you. Moreover you should definitely look for written tutorials, there is a ton of them everywhere and they will help you do more "complex" things such as parallax backgrounds or other cool stuff.

PS: If you want to work with tiles, check this http://phaser.io/examples/v2/category/tilemaps

Haha, nice troll...

Though, I was thinking of doing my own video tutorial series when Phaser development has finally stopped and I can be sure that the version that I do the tutorials on will be the definitive one, but it would probably be on things that aren't covered, or aren't explained very well, in the examples.

• 4 weeks later...