How to move a rigged skeleton? with multiple attached meshes

kevzettler

@kevzettler : Hi kev :)  There are a number of examples of moving an animated rigged character with mouse clicks - maybe they will give you a starting point

1. Point and Click Box

2. Point and click movement of a rigged character by ProfessorF

3. And @Dad72 had an example of a character walking over a terrain - but I have lost the link :(

Hope that is a start.

cheers, gryff :)

Thanks for the leads @gryff

I should expand on my initial post. My issue is that I have multiple meshes attached to the skeleton. ProfessorF's example is helpful. However it appears there is only 1 mesh in that example which is explicitly updated.

I've tried creating a Parent root mesh that I change the position on and iterating over the bones children to assign them as children of the root mesh. but that dosen't seem to work

2 hours ago, kevzettler said:

However it appears there is only 1 mesh in that example which is explicitly updated.

@kevzettler : actually kev, the "dude" has multiple meshes - see image below of the "dude" playing in the Sandbox.

Meshes by name:

/0 : head
/1 : upper body armour
/2 : legs
/3 : upper body (arms and chest)
/4 : eyes
/5 : some kind of "empty" ( a root mesh to control translation/rotation by the code)

dudemeshes1.png

thanks @gryff

I updated the playground http://playground.babylonjs.com/#2F6AQS#3 I now attach all rigged imported meshes to a Root mesh. I added some WASD key controls to move it. There's only one problem I can see at the moment. The SkeletonViewer seems to be moving at a different velocity than the meshes. I think this might actually be a bug. Would appreciate another looks

2 hours ago, kevzettler said:

The SkeletonViewer seems to be moving at a different velocity than the meshes. I think this might actually be a bug. Would appreciate another looks

@kevzettler;: I recognize the figure - explains why I have a subdirectory on my HD for "kevzettler" ;)

I think @adam is the guy who should look at issues with the "SkeletonViewer"