Phaser p2 mobile. Horrible performance

The_dude8080

Hello. I am trying to convert my html5 game to ios/android using intel xdk + cordova. However I get really low fps ( not playable). I get around 60 fps on desktop. I need that type of phyiscs because I have sprite rotation collision; cant be restricted to AABB collision. Are there any other solutions for mobile?

1 hour ago, WombatTurkey said:

I don't think it has to do with P2 physics,but the sprites / textures used? I mean, it could be P2 but need to see your game first do you have a link?

27 minutes ago, MadOwl said:

It's impossible to find a problem without knowing a lot of details about your project.

For example, size of your assets, amount of sprites, amount of texts,...type of the mobile device...

Well you are both right. I think I took wrong conclusions. I am not completely sure if it is a physics problem only. I am having some problems getting the app into mobile with intel xdk so I cant take any conclusion. I will try to convert it and see the matter better. Do you use intel xdk? Doesn't it give lots of trouble? ( I dont have any links for the app)

When you're using Intel XDK, try the push to build (under test) and use the xdk app to view your game app. This will give you a good indication on how it will play on your mobile device.

It may be your size of assets that are slowing the process down or it could be the mobile device cpu speed if its an older phone / tablet. 

I have found apps I have built with phaser extremly fast on my samsung note3 phone (2 years old), but sometimes can chug on older devices I test on (older tablets).

Eric

36 minutes ago, erich said:

When you're using Intel XDK, try the push to build (under test) and use the xdk app to view your game app. This will give you a good indication on how it will play on your mobile device.

It may be your size of assets that are slowing the process down or it could be the mobile device cpu speed if its an older phone / tablet. 

I have found apps I have built with phaser extremly fast on my samsung note3 phone (2 years old), but sometimes can chug on older devices I test on (older tablets).

Eric

I usually do that. At the moment I am having some errors that are not allowing my app to run. This is getting me frustrated. Could you please tell me how did you config your project? I included "cordova.js" script on my index.html. I am using these cordova plugins:plugins.PNG

This is when I test my app on android device.

.alcatel.PNG

When I run the app the emulators:

uncaughtplugins.PNG

What should I do with this?

sss.PNG

Sorry for the amount of questions. I am not very experienced and lost much time with this matter already.

Hi

For my apps I leave XDK at the default for the plugins.

Try the app without your plugins installed.

Screen Orinatation can be set in Build Settings, it seems the plug ins are causing you the errors

1 - When building your app put the all the game files in a www folder - easier to manage your game files, see screenshot

2- make sure you have <script src="cordova.js"></script> in the index.html in the <head> section, see screenshot

3 - Under test - push to testing server

4 - open your xdk app in your mobile device,

5 - all going well it should play for you

Once you get this far, you can then sign your game app and upload it into the app store.

It can be frustrating when going from game to app the first few times but stick with it, once all the pieces fall into place it will click for yoju

Hope this helps

Eric

screen1.jpg