Turning purchased assets into tileset for Tiled

JackAttack

I've bought a few sets of royalty free game art, which include some tilesets I would like to used in Tiled.

Each tile has its own PNG file, way larger than I want to be using (e.g. 512x512 or 256x256). There are also object images which are not uniform dimensions.

Does anyone know if there any software that I can import all these files into, merge them into one file, and resize them all to something usable?

When searching about this I've found recommendations for TexturePacker, which I have, however it automatically arranges each image to fit in a smaller space. I just need each image to occupy a square the same size.

I could do it manually in some image software, or maybe write a script to do it, but it seems like it must be a common task and surely there's already something out there?

TexturePacker is the right answer. Change the settings in the panel on the right hand side, and change the target. I've done this before so I'm 100% certain it works. Also, if you've paid, try emailing where you bought it to see if they have a version that's already set up as a tileset. May save you some hassle.

Change, data format, and something in the layout in TexturePacker if I remember correctly. Fiddle with it until it works.