Multimaterial on PolygonMeshBuilder

AndyBeaulieu

Hello, it's been awhile since I've posted here but it's great to be back on a little babylon project!

Short version:

In this playground test, I would like to have the TOP side of any PolygonMesh to be colored Red, and the other sides Blue (as you can see, it is not correct yet)

http://www.babylonjs-playground.com/index2_5.html#Y4KHN8

Longer version:

I am using PolygonMeshBuilder to create a Mesh from a set of 2D Vertices.  The number of vertices is not known until runtime.

I would like to set the TOP side of the extruded mesh to a different material, so I am creating a Multimaterial. But I am struggling with getting the parameters correct when applying the multimaterial to the subMeshes :(

polygonMesh.subMeshes.push(new BABYLON.SubMesh(1, 0, verticesCount, 0, lastTopVertex, polygonMesh));
        polygonMesh.subMeshes.push(new BABYLON.SubMesh(0, 1, verticesCount, lastTopVertex, verticesCount + lastTopVertex, polygonMesh));

My fallback plan is to just create a separate Mesh for the Top, but this is bugging me :)

Thanks for any ideas.

A new feature that uses polygonmeshbuilder has just been added called ExtrudePolygon

A PR has just been submitted that will allow the top sides and bottom to have different colors or textures using code such as

faceColors = [];
faceColors[0] = new BABYLON.Color4(1, 0, 0);
faceColors[1] = new BABYLON.Color4(0, 0, 1);
faceColors[2] = new BABYLON.Color4(0, 1, 0);

var polygonMesh = BABYLON.MeshBuilder.ExtrudePolygon("poly", {shape:shape, depth: height, faceColors: faceColors}, scene);

Adapting this to your PG gives

gfpic.jpg.276dd2bf8f16e745bb03f610778594eb.jpg

Unfortunately it might be a couple of days or so before PR goes live in the playground and I can give you working code in the PG.