has anyone switched from html5 to game maker 2?

Mike018

I've been using Phaser for over a year and I've really enjoyed using it, but learning how to modularize big projects and set everything up for mobile has took me quite a while to figure out! I've been playing around game maker 2 for a month, and even though I haven't done anything but simple tutorials, it seems to hand you everything on a silver spoon (audio, textures, fonts, scaling, etc) which might make future projects even easier to develop in the future. It's worth mentioning that I'm only developing for mobile.

So who has tried it and did you make the switch or did you come back to HTML and why?

I actually did it the other way around. But to explain that I actually need to be honest about the comparison. Game Maker is not like HTML a markup language. Game Maker is a tool/engine for creating games whilst HTML is a front-end markup language for designing webpages and such. Therefore, it is hard to compare the two. But when it comes to HTML5 game development I can honestly say that I prefer HTML5 game dev over using any sort of engine (including GM) because I got control over everything, something you do not have with Game Maker. Although with Game Maker everything is, as you said it, being shit out by pressing a basic button. It really depends on what you want to do, how you wanna do it and how much time you are planning to invest in it. The same goes for Unity3D and idiots like me who prefer building their own 3D engine. Everyone has their reasons so well yeah, to round things up and keep my mouth shut I'd say I would go for HTML5 because I like to have control over everything and I can do it with merely Notepad. I am a basic man so I like to keep things basic.