Rotating walls around the player.

CodedGames

Hello, so I'm trying to make it so that the player can 'rotate' the camera around them. For example when they press E and Q the world rotates and things like walls get repositioned and their angle changes. Here is the code I have written:

function rotateWorld(angle) {
    for (var i = 0; i < walls.getAll().length; i++) {
        var wall = walls.getAll()[i];
        wall.angle += angle;
        var delta_x = wall.x - player.x;
        var delta_y = wall.y - player.y;
        var thetaAngle = Math.atan2(delta_y, delta_x) * 180 / Math.PI;
        wall.x = player.x + lengthdir_x(distance(wall.x, player.x, wall.y, player.y), thetaAngle + angle);
        wall.y = player.y + lengthdir_y(distance(wall.x, player.x, wall.y, player.y), thetaAngle + angle);
    }
}

function lengthdir_x(length, direction) {
    return Math.cos(direction * Math.PI / 180) * length;
}

function lengthdir_y(length, direction) {
    return Math.sin(direction * Math.PI / 180) * length;
}

function distance(x1, x2, y1, y2) {
    return Math.sqrt((x2 - x1) * (x2 - x1) + (y2 - y1) * (y2 - y1));
}

So far this sort of works but objects lose proper positioning after rotating a bit. It seems like they are not rotating around a perfect circle. 

Any help would really be appreciated and if there is a way to do this that's easier please let me know. Thanks!

Ok thanks guys I got things fixed. The problem was that I calculated the distance between two points, adjusted the x position, then calculated the distance again when adjusting the y position. This caused things to have their distance from the pivot point changed when it shouldn't.

The only thing left is I need to get collisions to work with rotated sprites. Originally I was using the arcade physics but I heard I need to switch over to P2 for rotation to work.