Shadows we have a weird behavior on meshes

Dad72

I notice a strange behavior in the shadows between the field and the meshes of the scene.

When my character is on the ground, the shadow is perfect, but if I go on a mesh, the shadow does not see it anymore.

What can create this weird behavior ?  Here in pictures what I have :

1715506018_2018-07-0620_36_23-Greenshot.jpg.a4d871bf1459b15eb6c367c9ec0a6ffa.jpg 1324018901_2018-07-0620_36_29-Greenshot.jpg.79e0fb1aa57ed111db8ca747f3e36623.jpg 300292087_2018-07-0620_36_35-Greenshot.jpg.8d55185854f9e134aaa8da1d296a76c1.jpg

Do you have ideas of what can cause this behavior ?

Also if I add buildings on the mesh, shadows of buildings are perfect, but the character and the trees do not project shadows, which is a second strange behavior that I do not understand.

I use the multimaterial in 3ds max
and diffuse and ambient color values may be slightly different. In fact I use mixMaterial for the field and I do not know the diffuse and ambient colors by default.

I just tested with other filter and I do not meet this problem, but I meet other than I reported in Bug

The shadows are really very difficult to set up, there is a lot of parameters to take into account, adjustment. I have been there since this morning and it is midnight and I can not do it.

I have another problem too but I'll see that tomorrow. it's because I think that I am grouping objects into a dummy object that creates shadow layer problems and softens the shadow of my character.

Listen to @Deltakosh and @Dad72, as they are spot on. The babylon framework is no automatic depiction of your scene. All attributes of a mesh need to be set up individually. And if they share material values, then assign the same material to each one using different name variables. I must do this all the time.

DB